Thursday 25 February 2021

Fixing up my project.

 So I had got this far in my project when I made the mistake of handwriting on my warning ring.

I was so annoyed by my writing being so bad that I almost gave up on the whole thing!


But instead, I poured a large glass of wine and put it out if sight until the next day.

After a quick repaint - three or four coats to cover up the permanent marker that I had written with - it was nice and blank again and ready for me to add the words again.

I did think about using the vinyl cutter in the beginning, but wanted to stay away from the use of plastic.  If I could have found someone with lovely handwriting to write this for me that would have been my preference, but due to lockdown I couldn't. I would of also liked my granddaughter to write it for me, but again due to lockdown that wasn't going to happen.

So I had to make the decision, against my own initial judgement, to use the vinyl cutter.

The vinyl I used was a little scrap left over from 15 years ago when we had a shop and we needed to cut window signs for it, so I wasn't buying new vinyl to use. I justified it to myself that way.


I used a little bit of tape to take the letters of the vinyl backing paper and transfer them neatly to the wooden ring.


And I have to admit to myself that the result is much more pleasing to look at than my childish handwriting.


Now... time to put it all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pampas Glass - an improvisation.

 When I heard about this assignment I smiled to myself - improvisation, it's what I do all of the time.  I have an idea, I don't hav...