Monday 26 April 2021

Planning my IMPROVISATION assignment.

 I have had a couple of ideas floating around about how to present my Improvisation assignment,

My topic is 'Pampas' and I did a little research on the grass which led me to two ideas.


The first idea was to show both the prettiness and the destructiveness of the Pampas plant by depicting it in two very different ways within on piece.

I thought I would paint on glass, which would then be fused in the kiln.  There would be two pieces of glass, the first one showing the Pampas as we usually see it, and the second showing the Pampas on fire.

These pieces of glass would sit in a piece of driftwood,  one in front of the other with the fire piece at the back.


The second idea was to actually try and recreate a piece of Pampas grass, using a piece I had found on a dog walk....


I also found a piece of driftwood on the beach that I thought I could use a a stalk


So I scribbled a little sketch to plan out what I thought I might be able to do.


I think the idea that I am going to go with is the one to reproduce the piece of Pampas grass using other materials..... driftwood and glass.


Might call it Pampas Glass   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pampas Glass - an improvisation.

 When I heard about this assignment I smiled to myself - improvisation, it's what I do all of the time.  I have an idea, I don't hav...