Wednesday 3 March 2021

Order or Chaos

 


Today we started a new assignment - Cosmos (Order) or Universe (Chaos).

Before the class I was convinced that I would choose 'Chaos' as my chosen route into this project, but having now attended the lecture and seminar and have taken part in the exercises within, I find myself more drawn towards 'Order', which seems completely against my nature and almost an alien concept to me.

I feel I live my life quite chaotically.  This isn't a concern, I quite like it. In fact, I probably choose it.

I live chaotically, I work chaotically and I hate clock watching. I don't mind a messy desk and I can find things easier than if it is in order.

Some might say I am chaos personified.

However..... after doing the brainstorming task for both Order and Chaos I found myself more drawn to the ORDER side of the list.  Some of the words like 'regular'. 'design' and 'clarity' seemed more appealing to me.

BUT.....

Can I be experimental AND ordered?

Can I test theories and work out if glass works together whilst retaining that order?

Can ORDER be diverse enough for my Chaotic brain?

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pampas Glass - an improvisation.

 When I heard about this assignment I smiled to myself - improvisation, it's what I do all of the time.  I have an idea, I don't hav...